[Healeys] Mechanical brake switch - which?

Al Fuller al at bighealey.org
Sat Mar 24 11:19:24 MDT 2012

I'm looking for input on a source for a mechanical brake switch for my '62
BT-7.

I see in the archives that some have used the Watson Street Works mechanical
brake switch.  I have purchased one, and it does not look like I can make it
work for me.  It is a normally open switch, which dictates a particular
orientation [the arm has to be retracted when the brakes are off, and the
arm is relaxed as the pedal is pushed.].  This combined with the large size
of both the switch and my feet means I don't have the clearance to mount it
as did [for instance] John Sims.  See
http://www.healey6.com/Technical/Third%20Brake%20Light.pdf

So - any suggestions of particular switches, before I go out to haunt Radio
Shack and the auto parts store?

Al