[Healeys] Engine help

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sun Mar 18 20:45:38 MDT 2012

G'day

The six-cylinder engine in my Austin-Healey is the original engine fitted to
the car in 1954. It is a very early Wolseley engine and has a smooth
crankcase unlike those later that were cast with strengthening ribs.

It is the first C-series engine fitted to an Austin-Healey and in no way
would I ever contemplate fitting a 3000 engine.

It was bored out to 2,912cc during the early 1960s and during its current
rebuild it will remain so. No doubt a new cylinder sleeve or four will be
required.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia