[Healeys] Water pump--conclusion

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 08:39:11 MDT 2012

Okay everyone can now exhale:

Yesterday I installed the new Moss water pump and Dave Porter pulley on the
100, wrestled the radiator back into place and started the car up.  There
were a few tense moments when what looked like the same leak appeared but a
larger clamp on the nipple to the heater hose did the trick.

I drove the 100 from Southern Maryland up to Wilmington DE yesterday and am
on my way to a VSCCA tech session at D. L. George's restoration shop
(google it) in Cochransville PA.   BTW I got 22.5 mpg at highway speeds
over about 150 miles.

Best--Michael Oritt