[Healeys] Suspension Fulcrum Pins

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sat Mar 17 01:32:48 MDT 2012

G'day

It's been close to 35 years since I dismantled the front suspension of my
Austin-Healey.

Almost done with just the lower wishbone arms to go, but I am wondering
about removing the fulcrum pins.

Easy to undo the castellated nuts, but what is the best way of levering the
pins out as there is so little room, especially with the front shroud in
place?

The workshop manual is really useful stating "With the suspension unit
supported, remove the fulcrum pins securing the lower wishbone arms to their
brackets on the frame, taking care to retrieve the two rubber bushes and
special washers from each bearing."

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn