[Healeys] (Healeys) It's Birthday Time

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 16 21:20:28 MDT 2012

I sent this earlier but it bounced due to size.

  Steven: I think I read somewhere that John is scheduled to be at the All
British car show in Woodland, CA, on May 20th. This event is put on by the
United British Sports Car Club of Sacramento. I had not heard anything about
him being in the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

Earl: 81. I have driven all but 14,640 miles of the total.

Ira: I have owned my car for 42 years. I am the third owner. First owner had
it about two years (in Spain), second owner less than a year (in England).
Engine has had one professional rebuild in 1992 at 115,793 miles. Transmission
and overdrive were rebuilt in August last year.

Let me be clear. Over the years, I have taken things apart and rebuilt or
modified them, replaced various and sundry bits and pieces as necessary, and
added a lot of 'stuff' to update systems or safety. It has been painted a few
times,  a couple by professionals and a few times by me in my driveway.  This
car has never let me down. Only once has it not been driven (most of the way)
home on its own when I thought I had broken the rear springs after hitting a
vicious bump on the Interstate. Turns out they were not broken but that is
another story that had to do with a rear anti-roll bar, Thank you again,
David, for letting me put my car on your trailer from Park City to Sacramento.
I was able to drive it home from there.

I am very thankful that my Healey has been a very dependable means of
transportation with only minor glitches that have been easily overcome on the
road (fuel pumps, coils, flat tires, starter switch, exhaust pipes, etc).

Now, get 'er ready for the trip to Rendezvous 2012 on Vancouver Island, BC, in
June.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031