[Healeys] BJ8 gas tank mat?

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 15 10:20:26 MDT 2012

Tom --

Be careful not to raise the gas tank position in the boot.  Spare tire
clearance under the boot lid goes away quickly. If you use a wider wheel /
tire assembly like most of us, the forward spacer block could have to be
modified as a result.

Also, I feel that air circulation in the boot is needed to help with
moisture.  What I did was to use 2 or 3 short rubber strips - 'canopy tape'
at your automotive supply house - at the obvious contact points between tank
bottom and boot floor, as well as insuring that there is a small gap in the
boot lid seal at the bottom centre (about 1/4") where the ends of the seal
should meet.  Leave the 2 small holes in the boot floor open, and it goes
without saying that the tank and boot floors should be well primed and
painted.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb