[Healeys] Grand Prix - The Killer Years - On Velocity

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Wed Mar 7 15:38:34 MST 2012

I too was moved by the program which I almost didn't watch because of its somewhat exploitative title.

Conspicuously absent from the interviews was Stirling Moss. I've seen an interview with him where he discusses not
being in favor of the safety improvements due to the death-defying being at the heart of the sport (in his opinion).

They didn't explore the '30s, '40s and '50s fatalities rates which must have been similar to those of the '60s and '70s in
the film.

If what they said is true about Clark being killed by a mechanical failure - that is especially tragic.

--
Steve Gerow
Altadena, CA