[Healeys] Adjusting Valve Rocker Clearance

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Mar 3 07:09:44 MST 2012

I second Rick's warning about making sure the wrench is removed before
turning the engine with the ignition or starter relay button.  I also spun
off the dog nut by forgetting to remove the wrench, shearing the locking
washer in the process.  It's amazing how much torque that starter can
produce!  I was lucky that there was a block of wood in the way of the
wrench handle or it probably would have put a sizable dent in the inner
fender.

If I ever need to remove the nut again, I know how to do it pretty quickly.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA