[Healeys] Break in procedure

Larry Varley varley at cosmos.net.au
Fri Jun 29 17:26:09 MDT 2012

Lol, yes that would be right. I think the process is a one size fits all
butt covering exercise by the cam suppliers. For example in the case of
my old 124BC Fiat, the camshafts virtually ran in an oil bath, how would
it help them? There may be some engine designs that don't throw enough
oil around at low revs, or have very low oil pressure at idle. For
instance you may be fitting their cam to a very worn engine.
Anyway I'm almost up to 10 cents worth this morning, so I'm going out to
the shed and continue getting bits refurbished for my BT7
Cheers
Larry