[Healeys] leaking rear cyclinder

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Wed Jun 27 07:45:02 MDT 2012

That is correct, on the other hand the cylinder surface is pretty durable and
about the only thing that will damage it is electrolytic corrosion. Unless
there has been water in the cylinder it probably is not hurt. I have had a lot
of luck just cleaning the cylinders up with hot soapy water. If there is
roughness it is usually caking from old brake fluid and can be removed with a
non-abrasive cleaner like soft-scrub. Rinse it like you would silverware and
make sure it is comPletely dry. A new rubber seal with a little brake fluid
for lubrication and you are back in business.

Yes, the cylinders are handed.

Bill Lawrence