[Healeys] BN7 vs 100 LeMans - One more comment

editorgary at aol.com editorgary at aol.com
Mon Jun 25 10:14:39 MDT 2012

 Scott,
Hard as it is to pass up any Healey that looks great and is priced right, I
think you've made the right decision.
I had to make the same decision many years ago, and in fact my two choices are
the front two cars on the Anderson/Moment
Healey restoration book, first edition. I had restored a BN7 and then got the
opportunity to do a 100M. After driving both of them,
both 98 point cars, for a few weeks, as well as driving Len Hartnett's BJ8, I
decided that if I could have only one, it would be the BN7.
With the detachable windows and softtop, and simple two-seat  interior but
with the six-cylinder engine (which can be upgraded to BJ8 performance)
and disc brakes, it was the best of three worlds. It's comfortable enough and
competent for long journeys, but still possessing most of the
attributes of the "Handsome Brute" that Gerry Coker had originally designed.
If I had garage and budget enough, I'd have both, but limited to one, the BN7
has been a great compromise and I'm happy that it is
THE Healey that I own.
All the best
Gary Anderson