[Healeys] Starting (cut off switch)

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 15:44:11 MDT 2012

Just to finally beat this subject to death...
The original Lucas Master Switches had a major weakness.
If the cable running from the switch to ground was not properly installed
all the starter current passed through the conical wire spring that
provides pressure to the main contacts when the switch is closed (on).
This current would heat the spring to red hot and it would loose all its
tension.
Once that happened the switch was pretty well useless.

--
Michael Salter

                         *I have BJ8 water pump kits!!*