[Healeys] 100-4 BN2 vs BN7 3000? THANKS

scott willis ahpowered at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 24 09:05:24 MDT 2012

Thanks everyone. I enjoyed the honest comparisons you all have sent over. I
can clearly see the pros and cons on each model. I am going to pass on the car
I was considering and keep driving my BN7. The BN7 is a great car after all
and the BN2 would have put too much strain on my Brit car budget. Maybe I will
find one down the road when the financial time is right.

Cheers,

Scott Willis
Mashed 60 BN7 AH Club USA
59 MGA
66 E-Type FHC

http://bgeuroclassics.webs.com/
BG Euro Classics Car Club President
Bowling Green, KY
100% CONTACT: swillis at columbia.com

> From: Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com
> To: ahpowered at hotmail.com; Healeys at autox.team.net
> Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 15:51:33 +0200
> Subject: AW: [Healeys] 100-4 BN2 vs BN7 3000?
>
> Hi Scott,
> I love my 100, but I would never buy it again. For me the 6cylinders are the
better cars, easier to maintain, better seat position, not this nightmare of a
folding top, etc. etc. etc. and a fantastic engine sound compared to the 100.
Don`t forget the doors on the 100 are shorter and make it less comfortable to
move in and out of the car. Parts are more difficult to get and engine and
drive drain parts are unobtainable from new parts dealers. I do not drive my
100 with the screen folded down, as I don`t need any flies in my teeth.
> On the 100 vapour locks in heavy traffic or after short stops are a common
problem with today`s fuel. To my mind the 100 has a lot of shortcomings
compared to a 6cylinder Healey. But its up to you.

> Josef Eckert
> Konigswinter/Germany
>

> -----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Im Auftrag von scott willis
> Gesendet: Sonntag, 24. Juni 2012 01:42
> An: healeys at autox.team.net
> Betreff: [Healeys] 100-4 BN2 vs BN7 3000?
>
> Hi all,
> I came across a beautifully restored BN2 upgraded with the M kit. It is in
another city. I have seen it over the years but I have not driven it.

> Can anyone tell me how they drive compared to a BN7? I heard they are rough
to drive but that was from someone that drives a BJ8. My BN7 is brutally fun
to drive. It is hot and kinda bumpy but hell that's what I like!

> Any insight on BN2s? Do they have much grunt? Can they cruise the
interstates?
> I would drive it. I can't stop thinking about the car. I would have to sell
many toys to finance but I'd have more garage space.