[Healeys] New Hood

Jean Caron vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:10:51 MDT 2012

Bob:
I have never purchased a top from Moss so I cannot comment on their quality. I
buy from Convertible Top Guys www.convertibletopguys.com and have had
excellent service from them and their prices are competitive. You may not use
your top often but when you will use it you want to make sure it still "fits"
that it has not shrunk and the poorer the quality, the faster it will shrink
in my opinion.

Jean

> Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 21:42:51 +0000
> From: bspidell at comcast.net
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] New Hood
>
> Folks,
>
> The hood (aka convertible top) on my BJ8 finally gave up the ghost on my
last road trip (the material parted ways with its seam along the front
edge--good ol' duct tape made a decent temporary fix). I got good service from
it--the car has nearly 180K miles--and it may well be the original hood.

> So, I'll need a new one. Moss sells three different grades, all from
Robbins, which I hear is decent quality. Since I only pitch the hood in the
most severe of weather it mostly remains stowed, and I don't need anything
fancy, so I'm leaning towards the least expensive 'crush grain' vinyl (I may
spring for the more authentic 'Everflex').

> Appreciate any and all opinions or insights. Also, looking for a good
installer in or near the SF Bay Area.