[Healeys] BJ8 has two personalities

Greg Hill go2ghill at aol.com
Thu Jun 21 13:25:22 MDT 2012

My BJ8 has two personalities. It performs great up to 2500 rpm (approx) and
will barely runs above that. My wife says no problem, just keep the rpm down
and you're fine. I've looked in the archives for answers. Most suggests are
for tuning-up the distributor and carburetor, or review recent changes. I've
not changed any parts, I've been through the distributor and carburetors. Both
are clean, adjusted and appear to be working fine. The timing is set and gas
is getting to the carbs. Even if they were not perfect, I would not be getting
a sudden lack of performance as I go to the higher rpm.
I'm looking for suggestions of what else I should do, or maybe just take my
wife's advice?

Greg Hill
BJ8