[Healeys] water oump

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 20 15:12:37 MDT 2012

I recently replaced the water seal in a BT7 pump which has different
bearings than the BJ8. I had a local shop remove the impeller and
pulley because I don't have a press. I did that to clean the pump and
check the bearings, which in my case are permanently lubricated and
were not that old. It was not difficult to put back together but I
still don't have the engine back in the car yet so nothing more to
report. Judging from the parts book the BJ8 pump looks like it would
be easier to rebuild with a kit.

John
'62 BT7