[Healeys] Side covers

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Jun 19 23:09:32 MDT 2012

Copper flatwashers are the 'official' part AFAIK.  If you can get the kind with embedded O-rings they should work well.

I don't think threadlocker is necessary--I've never had one of the bolts work loose--but wouldn't hurt anything.  I
generally don't think lockwashers on flatwashers is a good idea; especially on a soft copper washer.

The side covers aren't horrible leakers--a little sealant or gasket maker on the cork gaskets wouldn't hurt, though (I
think silicone gaskets were available at one time).

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net