[Healeys] Dash bulbs

Fred Wescoe fredwescoe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 17:12:02 MDT 2012

List,

I am working on a new wire harness from British Wiring for my BJ7.

With the existing wiring, I have always had difficulty viewing the gauges
at night.  I removed one of the gauge light bulbs and see that it is a
screw in type. It is showing GX 12 volts and 2.2 watts on the side of the
bulb.  Also the code G380LF.  The British Wiring site does not show a
brighter bulb.  Has anyone discovered a brighter bulb that can be used in
these new harnesses?  Would a brighter bulb create a problem for the new
harness?

Has anyone installed one of these new harnesses and have any tips on a less
painful way to do the installation?  I have enlarged the wiring diagram,
labeled all of the elements and put the wire colors on the diagram.  I am
tagging every connector and wire on the harness.

Thanks in advance,

Fred