[Healeys] Few Healeys at Bonhams comming up

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sun Jun 17 23:05:16 MDT 2012

G'day

Many times do we get wind of cars that are for sale or auction, but not
often do we find out what happened.

Well, I followed the auction very closely and the four cars for sale were
from a deceased estate in the UK and all need restoration. Yes I sat up and
watched the auction online last Saturday night.

I would describe the auction generally as lacklustre until the real Healeys
came up for sale and that caused the excitement levels to rise considerably.

Rarely do real Healeys come up for sale through auction and to have four in
the one is remarkable.

Below I have listed the four cars, what price was expected and what they
reached. The amounts are in British Pounds and the sale cost includes a 15%
buyer's premium.

					Expected	Sale Price
Alvis Healey			12-16K	39K
Healey Silverstone		30-50K	64K
Healey Duncan Drone		10-20K	27.6K
Healey Duncan Saloon		3-5K		10.5K

There were also two Austin-Healeys sold on the day:-

100					30-35K	30.8K
BT7 Mk2				25-30K	25.3K

Despite its woeful condition a friend won the Healey Duncan Saloon so there
will be two in Australia.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia