[Healeys] VAT

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Thu Jun 14 18:07:44 MDT 2012

 "Fred -

 If you order from outside the UK, you don't have to pay VAT.  VAT is sales
tax.  For you it will be zero.

 Same with GST if ordering from Australia, or California sales tax if you
order from outside of California.  Always zero.

 Best,

 Alan"

But in the states in the USA which have a "Sales and Use" tax you are
supposed to declare and pay tax on out of state purchases, probably one of
the most broken/ignored/unknown tax laws on the books.  They usually only
collect it on automobiles because you have to license them.

I will add that I have ordered from the UK about half a dozen times and
never had any delays or issues with customs, but I have talked to others who
have, seems to be the luck of the draw to some extent.

Greg Lemon