[Healeys] liquid under spark plug?

John Vrugtman javrugtman at htcnet.org
Tue Jun 12 20:18:17 MDT 2012

I have these on both my Healeys, they are great, but, one caveat.  The
valve cover with the gasket installed, must be able to lie flat enough,
so that a thin probe, feeler gauge, will have some resistance all around
the edge.  I tried it first without that test and wound up with a very
oily engine compartment.  The method I used, was to hammer down the lip
with a rubber hammer, where there was a gap on a flat surface.  Worked
great, with no damage to the paint, and no leaks at all.

John
64/66 BJ8s