[Healeys] Now that the tranny is out

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jun 9 18:41:55 MDT 2012

I don't like using petrol as a solvent. Mineral spirits, then a final flush with brake cleaner works best IMO. OTOH, if you have the driveline out why not put new U-joints in and (probably) never have to worry about them again? There's a risk if you pump grease through them you'll blow the seals out.

I rebuilt my BJ8's starter many moons and miles ago, and used silicone spray to lube the Bendix gear (it's light and doesn't gunk up as much as oils). It's worked flawlessly since (if you don't think silicone will stick around try getting it out of paint).

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA