[Healeys] Facet Fuel Pump - Question

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 05:14:25 MDT 2012

Hi guys,

I have a facet fuel pump installed. I cannot identify the model number but
it is cylindrical about 4.5 inches high and I'm assuming it is one of the
silver top range shown on the web site for road and competition use.
I believe it will be one of the compettion models but I don't know which
one.

When the ignition is switched on the pump ticks and it never stops ticking.
The chap who sold it to me, who races a Healey, said this was the normal
operation however the tuning guy at the rolling road said the cylindrical
models should stop ticking although the square ones do tick continuously.
He said told me to check the mounting and check for leaks. It is mounted
vertically which is correct and all connections have been checked and
tightened. It still ticks continually. It's just the pump ticking sound,
not the clattering sound when air is in the system. I should state I have
absolutely no problem with fuel delivery at high speed.

So question is - Who is right. I'm going to fit a seperate switch for the
pump so the ignition can be on without the ticking.

cheers

Derek
www.healeysix.net