[Healeys] BT7 Grille

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Jun 5 20:59:17 MDT 2012

Unless I'm misinformed--always a possibility--the slats aren't aluminum.  They are thin steel finished in a satin chrome
sometimes called 'butler chrome' (I read somewhere that the term came from silver that had been excessively polished by
butlers).

At one time we had a discussion either here or at the forum (no, I didn't check the archives).  The effect is achieved
by leaving a sort of matte finish on the copper or nickel before applying the chrome.   A really good chromer can--if
he's had experience--achieve the effect.  We got a fairly decent job done on our BN2's grill by a local chromer.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net