[Healeys] Timing Problem?

Jonas Payne JPayne at ThorCon.net
Mon Jun 4 12:12:09 MDT 2012

Over the past couple weeks, I have been having an issue with what I believe to
be the timing on my AH3000.

When cool, the car runs just fine.  However when hot, the car will not rev
over 4000 rpm and begins missing.  At 4500 rpm it misses very badly and
backfires occasionally.

I pulled the #1 and #5 plugs, and there is no indication that the car is
running lean.  However I have not verified fuel flow from the pump while very
hot.

In my experience if the car is running lean, it also runs hot, and this
particular car never got above 210 degrees even in traffic last weekend with
temperatures on the road of 130+ (it was 108 in the shade here on Saturday for
a 140 mile run).

I'll test resistance in the coil both hot and cold this evening, I'm wondering
if the advance is "sticking" in the dist. Due somehow to heat?

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084