[Healeys] Shelly Jack Paint Color

Curt/Nancy Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 17:46:25 MDT 2012

Mark,

I just restored a nice LJ 225 that I picked up at a British car part sale.
I cleaned it up and sent it to Roger Moment who had the original orange/red
paint color matched.

Another option from the MGA web site...

http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/tools/tf130.htm

Duplicolor DE 1607 "Chevy engine orange".

I've attached several photos.

Threads are not painted.  The handle is 18" long, 1/2" *zinc plated* round
steel rod found at any good hardware store.

Cheers,

Curt
AH Concours Committee

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Mark Goodman <mkgoodman at att.net> wrote:

> I acquired a good used Shelley Jack for my BJ8 from the UK for a great
> price.  It needs to be repainted and I would like to know a few things:
>

> 1.  Has anyone has sprayed their LJ225 and what spray paint color did they
> use?
>
> 2.  Are the threads painted  or left unpainted?
>
> 3.  It did not come with a handle.  What is the total length of the handle
> and is it just a 3/8"rod or does it have any special treatment
>

> Thanks,
>

> Mark

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/cnaarndt@gmail.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_6188.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_6184.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_6185.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_6186.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_6187.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_6337.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_6334.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_6335.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_6336.JPG]