[Healeys] Easily removable 4 seater rear seat pans?

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Mon Jul 30 16:36:37 MDT 2012

Most of the studs on my rear seat pans were missing when I bought the car
due to rust and being broken off.  I removed the remaining studs, drilled
the seat pans to match the holes in the seat surrounding structure, attached
aircraft anchor nuts to the structure, and use chrome-plated phillips screws
and countersunk washers to attach the seats (4 per seat).  It is simple to
remove the pans now for work on the fuel pumps, changing the fuel filter,
checking and filling the differential, etc.  It's not concours, but a
simpler and more convenient solution than having to remove the seats from
below.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry