[Healeys] High Octane Gas

Austin Healey pajtamuvek at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 13:44:57 MDT 2012

Ulta-high octain fuel will - normaly - not damage Your engine. On the other
hand without serious engine-work You wont see any benefit of it. You only
need as high octain as necessery to keep away from pinking (preignition due
to mixture self igniting).
Some risk is still there as You dont know how they achieved the high octain
rating. The additive used may not be compatible with the rubbers in the
system.
You can add a bit os extra advance for the spark timing, but it is not
likely that You will see any power up from this.

Gergo