[Healeys] Shroud Badge Installation Question

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Thu Jul 26 06:48:59 MDT 2012

"Badge"--not shroud.

---- "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <shop at justbrits.com> wrote:

=============
OK guys & girls !

The "real" secret I learned whilst in same situation is:

a]  use car plastic washers in the studs between chrome shroud and paint.
Enough to "just" raise it enough to make desire clearance;  if more
than one (1)
required just use a TINY squib of it ! ! !
Washers available at Ace, Tru Value, etc, etal !

b] use NyLocks on the studs.  I have had to use a regular nut just to
keep things in place.
After being satisfied that "install" is OK, NyLocks all 'round <G> ! !
Do NOT, I repeat - do NOT crank the nuts down = JUST SNUG ! !
If you crank down you WILL 'dimple' the chrome shroud ! ! !
NyLocks 'should' be available at Ace, Tru Value, etc, etal !

Good luck on a PITA job (3 hands required - LOL) ! !

Ed
Please visit MY site at:
www.justbrits.com
Suggested annual donation  $12.75