[Healeys] Starter Problem - Update

Per Schoerner healeyguy at bredband.net
Wed Jul 18 17:04:33 MDT 2012

Derek
I think the instruction is for a negative earth car. Otherwise just swap
the probes of your meter, or if you have a digital meter it will read
minus.
However, you say you have a high torque starter. It is possible that you
are using two solenoids. At least the starter in my car have it's own
solenoid, which can not be bypassed as far as I remember, so the
original solenoid should be bypassed when installing this starter. I
bought mine from "British Starters" on Ebay. I too have noticed from
time to time a clicking sound and no action from the starter. It's
probably the contacts in the solenoid that are not closing properly.
After a couple of attempts it usually springs to life.

Per in Sweden