[Healeys] That Stolen Healey

" Just Brits " Shop shop at justbrits.com
Mon Jul 16 17:32:08 MDT 2012

<< On 7/16/2012 11:44 AM, Jackson Krall wrote:

				Got me thinkin. >>

Dangerous in and by itself JK, right  ;-)	  :-)   ??

<< My main LBC friend here in NYC has told stories of an unofficial "gang" or group of individuals that liked to steal BJ8 Austin Healeys back in the day. They would get you whatever color you wanted. SOP was to break into the car by breaking the hinge on passenger wing window. >>

I have NEVER understood and probably go to my grave NOT understanding WHY anyone would even "think" of locking a convertible ? ? ?

I have a pal in D.C. that had his Tempest [OMG, makes me a OF, huh  8-)   ??] Convertible stolen.  About a week after 'the deed' Montgomery County, MD coppers not only found it but whilst the thief was driving it  :-D   ! ! !  Pure genius that guy was ! ! !  Anyway, the only thing wrong with the car was [you CAN guess, I hope  :-P  ] that there was a 2' gash in the top ! ! !   NO SH*T  :-D     :-D     :-D   ! ! !

IIRC $200 later Doug had his "in great condition" Tempest back on the road.  He NEVER 'locked' it again ! !

Ed