[Healeys] That Stolen Healey

Jackson Krall jackson_krall at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 10:44:12 MDT 2012

Got me thinkin.
My main LBC friend here in NYC has told stories of an unofficial "gang" or group of individuals that liked to steal BJ8 Austin Healeys back in the day. They would get you whatever color you wanted. SOP was to break into the car by breaking the hinge on passenger wing window.
Moving forward to the late 80's, I find and drag home a trashed MGC out of New Hampshire. The car at one time had been given a fast paint job with hardtop in place (thats fast), had an MGB VIN plate, and had a broken passenger wing window hinge.
Makes me wonder about the condition of the hinge on Mr Russells' car?
Also, perhaps Mr Russell should be invited to join the List.
Best
JK