[Healeys] tires - tube or tubeless

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 15:14:58 MDT 2012

Oh there is no doubt that the bead on a tubeless tire is different than the
bead on a tube type tire.
My beef with the Wiki article is that it says ridges as in more than one or in
other words multiple ridges.
As I said before Ruffles have ridges tubeless tires don't.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 8, 2012, at 11:47, john spaur <jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> John wandered over to a local tire store and looked at several tubeless
tires. They all had a single small ridge along the outer edge of the tire bead
(at the bead heel). He then mosied on home to check his tube tires. There was
no bead.

> This is a picture of a multi bead tubeless tire.
>
> http://www.atvpt.com/jodystirereviews.htm
>
> Check your tires again and let me know if they have a single ridge or none.
>
> Cheers'
>
> John
>
> At 12:29 PM 7/7/2012 -0700, Richard Ewald wrote:
>> ::: Rick wanders out to the shop to look at some tires:::
>> Brand new Michelins, nope no ridges.  Some used Dunlops, Hancooks, and
Kumhos, still no ridges.