[Healeys] Drum Brake springs

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jul 7 21:49:29 MDT 2012

Yup. Some variation of the following:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM2092195303P

Some--not all--of these have a small 'scoop' at the end of one of the plier arms that can be used to prise out the hook-through-hole type or lever around the hook-around-stud type (don't recall which type Healeys have; hook-through-hole, I think).

OTOH, IIRC, you can just pull the shoes straight out simultaneously; leaving the springs installed--if the spring ends are just the hooks-though-holes variety and you're strong enough. Installation is reverse of removal, etc.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA