[Healeys] Dot 5 Silicone break fluid

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Jul 6 13:49:28 MDT 2012

Far be it for me to dispute a front-end guy who also happens to be an expert on brake performance, seal composition and fluid chemistry who can diagnose a problem without determining its cause, but I've run DoT 5 for over 20 years with no problems I could attribute to the fluid.

Seems to me you need to find where the fluid went, and how it got away. With DoT 3/4 you could look for blistered paint, but DoT 5 doesn't have that feature.

Since both the clutch and brake reservoirs lost fluid the most likely culprit is a leak at the reservoir.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA