[Healeys] fuel pump mounting plate

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 08:57:15 MDT 2012

Hi,

I've bought and "rebuilt" ,with two kits, a double ended SU fuel pump and
mounting bracket. Both ex 12 cyl E-type.

Come hell or high water I'm going to put that in my 3000.

My car, a lateish MkII BT7, has an AUF 301 which - I think - continued
through the BJ7 And BJ8s. It is mounted on the RHS, UK driver's side, away
from the exhaust.

In order to get the new pump in I need to  make a new or adapt the existing
mounting plate ie the right angled bracket thingie which is bolted onto the
body work with two 7/16th bolts. Neither my pump or its mounting bracket are
in my BMC parts manual which appears to stop about half an hour before my
car was built!

My question is:- do these bolts crew into "captive" nuts or will loosening
these bolts necessitate me ungluing carpets etc for access to the
consequently loosened and rotating nuts via the interior?? (If one poked
something through the bolt holes, I'd estimate that it would emerge about
half way down the flat, carpeted, vertical rising from the floor behind the
front seat to the RHS rear seat. Feeling through the carpet, there does
appear to be something there.)

Thanks,

Simon