[Healeys] Carburetor cleaning

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sun Jul 1 16:12:55 MDT 2012

I use the anitfreeze method all the time to restore my model airplane engines
which are aluminum.  Usually it is baked on castor oil from a lean burn engine
that needs to be removed.  Set at low overnight will leave the aluminum
looking like new again.  A few rules are in order.  Use an old crock pot.
Never use the crock pot for cooking food ever again.  Do the cooking of your
aluminum outside or at least out in the garage due to the fumes.  You can use
regular ethylene glycol anitfreeze or the new "Green" stuff. both types work
well.  It also cleans off the steel parts of the motor (crankshaft, pushrods,
valves, rockers, etc)  If anyone would like to see before and after pics, I
can send them to your individual email address.
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5