[Healeys] Engine cleaning

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Jan 16 19:49:09 MST 2012

'Soda' is sodium bicarbonate; it's soluble in water which makes it a good blast media but I doubt it's very soluble in
oil (or solvent).   Try mixing some baking soda with solvent and/or oil and see what happens; my guess is it stays
pretty gritty.

I don't have experience with it, but I don't think I'd chance it unless I could be sure not to get any media inside the
block.  I'd probably use naval jelly or some other chemical rust remover.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net