[Healeys] BN1 seat height and the new foam

Richard Gordon HealeyHundred at comcast.net
Sat Jan 14 12:14:42 MST 2012

We found that the seat foams from the current suppliers are solid and too
firm. The original seats had cross hatch foam construction in two layers which
overlapped. the hollow squares were about 3.5 inches across. To make the new
seats not only more comfortable, but sit like the original seats we bored or
cut round holes in the seat bottoms using a hole cutting bit. The seats are
very comfortable and even at 6' 0" my head just barely hits the hood when it
is erected.

Just one idea

Richard Gordon
Rocky Mountain Austin-Healey Club