[Healeys] Fwd: Fake BMIHT Certificates

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Jan 14 11:08:30 MST 2012

People frequently ask what value a registry has, or why they should bother
to contribute the details of their car to a registry.  Well, the registrars
have a record of the chassis, body, engine, gearbox, rear axle, etc. numbers
for a large number of cars, which makes it very easy to identify any numbers
on a car that are outside the pattern expected for its VIN.
Whether you as an owner ever get any direct benefit from a registry or not,
at least you can help to increase the value of the data to other owners and
potential owners by listing your car.

Several times new owners have sent their data to me and found out their BJ8
is not what they thought it was -- even when restored by well-known and
respected restorers.  It would probably have been to their benefit to check
with the registry before buying it.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry