[Healeys] Fwd: Fake BMIHT Certificates

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Jan 14 07:53:55 MST 2012

It's a bit misleading.  The article states that the fake certificates that
have come to light are for Mini Cooper S and Healey 100Ms.  They don't show
a sample of such a bad certificate, but one for an Aston Martin that appears
to be legitimate.  I'm only familiar with certificates for BJ8s (I have 737
of them in the registry collection), but I've never seen one where the
factory recorded information about a car that occurred after it left the
factory, such as "used in the James Bond film".
I've also never seen one for a BJ8 where the car was built and shipped out
of the factory on the same day.  Healeys normally had a very leisurely build
process.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry