[Healeys] Dynamat or similar products

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 20:29:11 MST 2012

With 5 litres under the bonnet, this subject has a special interest for me.
If I was looking for the easiest, cost no object solution, I'd go with the
pre-cut Kool Mat option: http://www.koolmat.com/british.shtml  As has been
said, sound insulation and heat insulation are two different matters.  I'm
more concerned about heat.  Like Len, a lifetime of loud rock, guns, and high
performance motors with no exhausts have rendered sound protection moot, but I
still can feel hot feet.  LizardSkin looks like a great, but somewhat pricey,
solution.  Basically, it's ceramic "micro balloons" suspended in a paint
product.  I made my own DIY version that you can see on my Nasty Boy build on
my sig.  I also did the low-buck big box insulation using Reflectix as shown
in the build link as well.  Another popular cheap insulation in the hot rod
community is this LowE closed cell insulation from Lowbucrod:
http://www.lobucrod.com/  So far, I'm happy with my
 alternatives, but I've only driven it in November in New England, which
probably isn't much of a test.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo

--- On Sat, 1/7/12, Len and/or Marge Hartnett <thehartnetts at earthlink.net>