[Healeys] Correction on the BJ8 console question

Greg Mandas gmandas at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 17:53:28 MST 2012

Ken,

Interesting.  I bought a radio and speaker from a list member with that exact set up. He could not say if the bracket was standard, just that it was what his car came with. I assumed it was non-standard, i.e.: non-authentic, and the speaker mounted directly to the back of the console. Which is why I asked about model numbers because if it did mount directly to the console, it would be an odd, oblong shape, what 2" by 8", or so.

In general, were there "Standard" Healey speaker mounts or regional or all over the place because they were all fabricated by the local dealer?

Basically, what's authentic?

Greg