[Healeys] Paint code #'s for Healeys

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Tue Feb 28 17:25:48 MST 2012

Tadeusz Malkiewicz wrote:
> BRG is more tricky I guess, as there are so many shades of it...

Confession:  In the late '60s, I bought my first Healey, a 100/6.
It needed restoration by a 16 year old.  I did all the body work
(fiberglass and bondo) and painted it myself.  For a compressor
I used a little airless compressor about the size of a football
and a $10 sprayer. The paint?  Sears enamel. I mixed their off-
the-shelf black with some off-the-shelf green until I got a hue
I liked.  It made for a nice 10-footer.

I did the interior with black carpeting, black trim, and white!
Naugahyde seats. I was stylin'. :)

--
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN2