[Healeys] Fuel Pump

Price Lindsay 050.rpl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 13:08:54 MST 2012

But it works fine with only the diode. Not a mechanical issue, I think.

Price Lindsay

630-841-6300 Cell
New Email Address:
050.rpl at gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 31, 2012, at 2:06 PM, Chris Masucci <csooch1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Sounds to me like the points aren't set right or the diapraghm needs to be
screwed in or out...not the right preload yet.

> Chris
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 31, 2012, at 1:59 PM, Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I'll add that Price has sent pictures of his pump's wiring and I can see
nothing amiss.  I'm stumped (even more than usual).

>> There is a shunt resistor in the solenoid body, but AFAIK any pump can run
pos. or neg. ground, as long as whatever spark suppression device is used
accommodates it.

>> Bob
>>

>> On 12/31/2012 11:27 AM, R. Price Lindsay wrote:
>>> Listers -
>>>
>>> First I would like to thank Bob Spidell and Bob Haskell for all of the
help
>>> they have given me over the past few days while I struggle to make my
positive
>>> earth fuel pump polarity neutral (so you know, there was a band on it
stating
>>> "Positive Earth Only."
>>>
>>> My intention was to install a transil and do away with the diode (supposed
>>> accomplish neutrality per the list).  I am now at the point where the
unit
>>> works very well only with a positive earth diode installed, i.e. with or
>>> without a transil.    If I install only the transil and don't use the
diode,
>>> the points on the pump open once and stay open (does not run).   Everyone
>>> seems to agree that this is unusual and the pump should work fine with
either
>>> the transil or the diode, but it doesn't.
>>>
>>> I currently have both the transil and the diode installed.
>>>
>>> Now my questions:
>>> Is there any value in this configuration, i.e. they both suppress spark,
I'm