[Healeys] New fuse question

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 29 06:35:04 MST 2012

John,

Just to muddy the waters...

There are two red wires at the headlamp switch (according to the wiring
diagram).  I think the purpose of the fuse is to protect the side/brake
lamp harness in the boot.  It's common for the grommet that the license
plate lamp wire is fed through to fail allowing the wire to chafe and
ground on the shroud.  So, I'd put that fuse in the boot.

When I installed new harnesses in my tri-carb several years ago, the
'normal' overdrive harness made by AutoSparks had a smaller diameter
wire than the original harness.  I've not had any problems with this
harness, but I did buy one from AutoSparks (via British Wiring) with the
original gage wire to install if I have problems.

Remember if you're using Lucas fuses, the amperage rating is different
than that used for American cars.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar