[Healeys] California complication

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Dec 25 16:53:50 MST 2012

The Bay Bridge was repaired and serviceable in a matter of days--don't remember exactly how long as I was dealing with
the aftermath of the 'quake myself--by, yes, union ironworkers who worked day and night in dangerous conditions.  Give
them their due.  There was no particular rush to repair or replace the bridge and there was lots of disagreement about
its design.  But, Alan, I'm sure you were living here at the time so maybe your recollection is better than mine.

No doubt the Chinese get things done quicker (autocracies are known to be more efficient).

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net