[Healeys] Pertronix in 100

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Dec 24 10:24:24 MST 2012

I just installed a Pertronix Ignitor in our BN2. At first, I thought we were missing a component because the kit didn't come with the embedded magnet collar like the one in my BJ8. Turns out the unit doesn't require the magnet collar (and there probably wasn't enough room between the Ignitor and the points cam for one anyway). However, the unit worked just fine. This is impressive engineering; apparently, just the squarish shape of the cam is enough to trigger the sensor. As usual, after a timing reset the engine ran fine and seemed smoother at idle and lower speeds. Also, an 'aftermarket' points set for a 100M distributor is $26.25 from Moss so at about $95 the Ignitor should pay for itself over time. Hats off to the Pertronix people.

Happy Holidays to all in Healeyland.

Bob