[Healeys] Chassis - Dipping vs Blasting

David Lodge emmgeeteecee at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 16 17:57:31 MST 2012

I had the BJ8 dipped a couple of years ago.  Best thing I ever did, but expect
some surprises!  That stuff cleans right down to the bare metal - or lack
thereof - so that the more badly rusted areas come out of the tank looking
like Belgian lace!  But it DOES get into every crook and nanny.  They can
strip aluminium in a different solution.

Regards, Lodge, Vancouver

Sun, 16/12/12, Mike Tobin <ahbt71 at gmail.com>

<ahbt71 at gmail.com>

To: healeys at autox.team.net
> > Date: Sunday, 16 December, 2012, 16:26
> > I've
got the BT7 chassis stripped of
> > parts and I''m ready to get it

cleaned.  I'd thought I'd get the tools and media
> blast
> > it myself
(always
> > looking for an excuse to acquire more tools).
> However,
> > it
looks like a
> > case where the stuff good enough to really do the job
> is
>
> more than I want
> > to spend for a one-time task.
> > What about having it