[Healeys] PVC value question

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Dec 15 18:05:09 MST 2012

Because you need manifold vacuum to operate a PCV valve properly.  There's little vacuum to speak of upstream of the
throttle plates.  If you did this, the PCV valve would likely only serve to somewhat block ventilation of the
crankcase--you'd pressurize the crankcase and get oil leaks from around the valve cover and elsewhere (this happened to
me when I tried an aftermarket filter that had a too-narrow blowby vent tube).

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net